here are my friday favorites for this week:
- grey sea salt. i bought a little bit at rainbow when i was there this week and it's a "must-get" for any cook. the texture is crunchy, the salt flavorful and sharp. the link references an article which made me think of trying some. it was so delicious sprinkled on cherry tomatoes from the farmers' market and on my salad. i can't wait to try some of the others mentioned, too.
- pr*vention magazine. am i an old person now because i'm reading this and enjoying it? or maybe i've just been in the hospital too much where reading like this seems groundbreaking. most recently, i liked the article "best of the web: alternative medicine," which mentioned these sites:
- jade garden notecards. i bought these from this great little shop in north beach. the shop is a bad, bad place for me being a stationery addict and all, but i managed to get out of there with just these cards. next time, i'm not so confident about my escape.
- avalon organic botanicals soaps. i like this soap because the scent is natural and fresh and the soap doesn't dry out my skin. i have the liquid soap in my two favorite scents in the whole world: lavender and lemon verbena; and i use the lavender bar soap every day in the bath. i get mine at trader joe's.
- dress up your desktop by pixelyn. i've been using danielle's illustrations as my desktop wallpaper for quite a while. her illustrations are colorful, energizing and fun. look under "illustrations" or on the far right. her fonts are supersweet, too.
love your list! sadly, pixelyn's fonts are for macs only. i'm always on the lookout for cute, FREE fonts! i hope you have a great weekend!
Posted by: marie | Oct 15, 2004 1:47:14 PM